Monday, January 3, 2011

Amarok and Script Manager Hangs

I was playing Amarok 2.3.0 in openSUSE 11.3 KDE 4.4.4. It is one of my favorite music player application.

Problem:

What a surprise when I was trying to refresh SHOUCast service tralala, a script to make available some internet radio stations by category. It was not listing radio stations as it used to be. Script Manager got hanging around with no chances to close it. It was very frustrating and annoying experience on that moment because I was doing a demo for some people new to Linux.

So rebuilding the script got worst. Hanging the Script Manager with no possibilties to get it closed.

Someone told me to upgrade the Amarok version to 2.3.2 with no results. Another told to update the scripts. And it was an impossible action. Other told me if you more than four scripts is going to fail.

Solution or workaround:

I would say it is a workaround. Deleting /.KDE/Share/Apps/Scripts solved the hangs condition. Then I could add SHOUTcast and Liricwiki.There is no magic number of scripts you can run on it. Most probably is some conflicting or outdated script. At least I can enjoy my music player again with no issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment